- We live in a beautiful Decatur neighborhood. Yesterday, a bunch of nomads taped a flyer on our front door that said, "Don't be the only house in your neighborhood without Christmas lights." We're not the only ones in the "hood" without lights, but there aren't many. Jo couldn't take it. She and 4 year old grandbaby Trinity plugged in the lighted reindeer which I'd chunked out of the attic a few days ago and strung some rope lights to accent the sidewalk. They were proud of their work. I was busy in my office. I wasn't too interested. I'm still not too interested. Maybe now the nomads will leave us alone.
- Went to Mother's place today. She was still asleep at 9:00, so I turned on a lamp and started a crossword. She woke up 30 minutes after I arrived, we visited a minute, and she started shuffling arouind to start the day. She wobbled and totterd until she finally got her legs under her so she could take a shower and start the day. I'm realizing every day how weak she and frail she is.
- Started thinking today of Robert Young in San Antonio. Bob is the son of my dad's sister. We haven't been good about staying in touch through the years. I phoned Bob this evening and had a great visit about his kids and their achievements. I got Bob's email address and look forward to re-connecting with this part of my family.
- I sang for a Christmas program earlier this week. Phoned the man who asked me to sing and asked, "Is it okay if I bring a date tonight?" He said, "Sure." I took Trinity Grace Joiner, my grandbaby. She was a doll. I was so proud of her. I stood her up in a chair and sang, "The Christmas Song" to her for my last song. Good times. As we were driving back from the event, Trinity said, "Granddaddy, you forgot to sing 'Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.'" (We had sung it in the pickup on the way to the program.) I had chosen to "cut" Rudolph from my part of the program, and Trinity missed it a lot. Soo.......I made a recording (a bad one with a lot of "hiss") and put some pictures (Trinity, Reagan, Mother, etc.) to the music. Find it here.
- Getting late for us old people. It's 9:00 on a Friday night. Hope all is wel where you are.
-gerre-

No comments:
Post a Comment